Cycle day: 15
Meds: Birth control pills, low dose aspirin,
last week-Doxycycline pills, Flagyl pills, Antibiotics (Andrew)
tonight-start Lupron shot
Mood: okay and calm
Sorry I haven't posted in a while (two weeks to be exact)! Emotionally I have been doing really well lately so I feel like I haven't had a whole lot to write about. It seems like the second week of my cycle is always the easiest and I feel the most "calm" (must be the hormones) and then the rollercoaster ride begins.
Physically I have been really sick this past week. Last week I had to take 7 pills a day and they really upset my stomach to the point where I would be sick every morning and evening (YUCK!) It probably felt a lot like morning sickness, but unfortunately I had to feel this way and I am not guaranteed a baby in the end :( That was the hard part! I would do anything to have morning sickness (I know…crazy infertile thinking), but sadly this wasn’t morning sickness! And I am warning you now…yes I am going to probably complain about morning sickness when that time comes AND I probably will complain about how tired I am too :)
Tonight I start Lupron which is done subcutaneously. This is the first of several different shots I will have to give myself over the next month! I give the Lupron shot to myself nightly for at least the next month (longer if I am preggo)...and then next week I will add several more shots a day to the mix. YIKES! Actually, I am not too scared about the shots...I am more scared about how my body will react to the drugs. I can give them either in my thigh, stomach or arms. Hmm…which to decide? What do you think…should I give the shots to myself or should I leave the power in Andrew’s hands?
Anyways, right now I am happy! I am “okay” with everything. I am positive. This IS going to work! Maybe I will write more in the next couple of days. I will let you know how shots are going and maybe take a picture! HA!

No comments:
Post a Comment