Miles and Calvin~
I cannot believe you are one month old already. Where has the time gone?? Seems like yesterday your dad and I were childless and celebrating St. Patrick’s day with green beer and parties. This year we celebrated it with two beautiful baby boys (and maybe a green beer too J…for mommy and daddy of course!) I wouldn’t want to celebrate the holidays any other way! I love being a family of four!
I know God had/has a plan for us…for our family. If we wouldn’t have struggled with infertility…we wouldn’t have you TWO boys! Over the past four years every shot, treatment, and miscarriage (yes…I said it…even though my heart still aches for that baby…I know it was all in God’s hands and Grandma Cynthia is enjoying that little baby in heaven) was worth every tear so that I could be your mommy. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat for you. I would do anything for you.
I still can’t believe you are both ours. Part of me is sad that you are already one month old and part of me is excited to see what the future holds. You are growing up so fast and changing every day. You are already growing out of your newborn clothes (remember when those barely fit you!?!?) You two are both amazing, beautiful little boys and the past 30 days have been the best…even with the sleepless nights and exhausting days. I wouldn't trade those days and nights for anything!
Your dad and I can’t complain at all though. You are easy babies…hopefully it stays that way! We put you both on a schedule right away when you came home from the hospital and it has made our life simple (well…as simple as twins can be J). You eat every three hours, then you play for a little while and then we put you to bed. Repeat. When one of you eats…the other eats…and we don’t usually let you eat before the three hour point unless you are both awake and mad (sorry…we are mean parents but it works!) We have to be strict with you or else we would be feeding one of you ALL DAY LONG. At night you eat and go right back to bed…on your own! That’s right…no rocking, no swings, no arms (okay…sometimes you fall asleep in people’s arms, but not very often!) no bouncy seats, nothing! We only use a white noise machine (and an occasional pacifier) to signal that it is bed/nap time. It makes our life so much easier and yours too because you can put yourself to sleep. Makes happy parents and happy babies!
Since we have a strict schedule we have been able to get out of the house and enjoy this nice weather (70’s and 80’s in March in
In one short month we have gone through TONS of diapers (sometimes 4-5 during one diaper change), outfits, bibs, sheets, changing pads, burp cloths, etc. Who knew boys could be so messy? You have both pooped on your dad, spit up on him, peed on him and each other. Miles--at your two week appointment the doctor was checking you out and you started peeing on your brother! You’ve peed on the floor, on the mirror during a sponge bath and pooped in the bathtub (Miles)! Your dad and I just laugh because it is too darn funny!
I can’t believe how different you two are. You came out looking completely different and almost a pound apart. Miles has darker hair and Calvin has blonde hair. Miles has a smaller, thinner face and Calvin has a round, bigger head (but I love your big ol’ noggin!) Miles has a darker complexion than Calvin. Calvin is quiet and Miles is loud (I think it is because Calvin was in the NICU where it was calm, dark and quiet and Miles was in the regular nursery so he learned all his bad habits from the other babies, right? J) I can’t wait to see you two grow up together and watch your personalities change.
Miles….oh mighty Miles. You are sassy, loud, and know what you want and when you want it! You are loud when you get your diaper changed (you hate that), loud when you eat, loud when you poop (super LOUD!) and loud when you sleep (you sound like a goat). You have quite the lungs on you, but I still can’t complain because even when you cry I think you are cute and you make me smile. You usually only cry when you are hungry and since you are the smaller twin…you usually get hungry before Calvin…exactly at the three hour mark. You are amazing…like a little alarm clock. Sometimes you will let us go 4 hours between feedings at night (okay…it has only happened twice so far, but your dad and I really enjoyed getting three full hours of sleep). I can’t wait to see you grow up (but don’t grow up too fast)…you are going to be quite the little leader.
Calvin…oh calm Calvin. You are such a sweet boy. You hardly ever cry and when you do…it comes out as a soft whimper. We can hardly ever hear you through the baby monitor because you are so quiet. Good thing your brother is loud so he can wake us up when it is time to eat! Sometimes when your brother cries you decide to follow along and then about a minute later you stop crying and look at me as if to say “hmm…I wonder why I was crying?” You love to snuggle and stare into my eyes. You seem so curious and I just know you are going to be one smart little boy!
You two are so lucky because you have one amazing daddy! He has jumped right in to being a daddy of twins with both feet. He wakes up with you in the middle of night, changes TONS of diapers, holds you, is patient with you and LOVES YOU so much! I can’t believe how quickly he caught on to everything….I didn’t have to teach him anything! He is a natural. He is one funny guy…but you already know that because he says and does funny stuff all the time with you (especially at 2 in the morning!). He reads to you and plays with you even though you might not “get it” yet. I love watching the three of you together—it melts my heart! I can’t wait for all the years to come! Grandma Cynthia would be so proud of her son and her two grandsons. She is smiling down on you from heaven J
I love all three of my boys so very much!
~Love, Mommy
Not the greatest pictures ever....but what can you expect from a one month old? I think they are still pretty darn cute!
Who is one month old?? This guy!
Hmm....so THAT is how you spell my name??

1 comment:
Let me dry my eyes... loved this post, Sara.
Post a Comment