Our boys

Our boys

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, February 3, 2012

Twins: 35 weeks pregnant

How far along: 35 weeks!! Our c-section is scheduled for Feb. 27th since both babies are breech and are probably going to stay that way (24 days or less)

Size of the babies: On Monday Baby A was 4lbs 6 oz. (our little peanut) and Baby B was 5lbs 4oz. (our chunky monkey)

Total weight gain/loss: 50 lbs—whoa! I am measuring 41cm so my belly is the same size as someone who is 41 weeks preggo with a single baby. Yikes! No wonder why people stare at me in public!

Cravings: Orange juice, oranges, clementines, and Orange Julius. I think it is because I have a cold….my body must want Vitamin C

Morning sickness: Nope

Sleep: Not so good lately. The boys are very active from 10PM until about 1AM so I usually don’t get to sleep before then and then I wake up a few hours later STARVING. But I have been taking naps during the day so that helps.

Other pregnancy symptoms: Sore, uncomfortable and my feet have started to swell. I guess I officially have cankles! L But no contractions yet and I am not dilated at all….my doctors and nurses can’t believe it!

Baby Movement: Lots! The doctors and nurses always comment on how active they are because they won’t sit still during ultrasounds and my non-stress tests. Baby B still manages to rotate from head up to head down about every other week….I don’t know how he does it since he is the bigger baby, but he finds a way!

Favorite maternity clothes: Not much fits me anymore. I basically live in my pajamas these days unless I need to leave the house and then I somehow squeeze into maternity clothes.

Weird dreams: I can’t remember any, but Andrew had a dream about seeing the babies’ faces through my skin…..like one of those pin toy things. Kinda creepy!

How is pregnancy different than expected? I never thought I could get this tired. I barely do anything during the day and I am still exhausted all the time!

Highlight this week: We had another appointment on Monday with our perinatologist (our “at-risk” doctor) to check on Baby A’s fluid level and Baby B’s brain.

Baby B’s brain hasn’t changed (which is good!)….the fluid pockets are the same size as they were 4 weeks ago and haven’t gotten any bigger. He was much more cooperative this week when they were trying to measure his head and they were able to see the corpus callosum artery. A few weeks ago they were afraid he was lacking that artery which separates the left and right brain….and therefore could have a mental disability. But on Monday they saw the artery so that was reassuring!! Makes me feel so much better!! Worst case scenario now…they may have to drain the fluid on Baby B’s brain when he is born and run some more tests.

The amniotic fluid levels looks great for both babies so that was good to hear too! Like I said earlier….Baby A is our little peanut and Baby B is our chunky monkey….there is almost a pound difference between them (18% difference) so we go back again in two weeks to make sure they are both still growing at a good rate. They are in the 22nd and 47th percentile compared to other babies so their growth is starting to taper off….which is normal for twins, but they want to keep an eye on them because if they stop growing (or if there is a 25% difference in size between the two) then they will just take the babies out because they will be able to grow better outside the womb.

Overall, the doctors seem impressed with my lack of contractions, no dilation, excellent blood pressure and good weight gain…..so I guess I might make it further than I thought I would! Can’t wait to meet our baby boys in less than 3 ½ weeks!!!

No comments: