Our boys

Our boys

Lilypie Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Twins: 15 weeks pregnant

How far along: 15 weeks

Size of the babies: 4 inches long…the size of an apple! TWO apples inside me…hard to believe!

Total weight gain/loss: Starting weight was 128 pounds…now I weigh about 138. I gained 10 pounds pretty quickly and haven’t gained much weight over the past three weeks although my stomach is definitely bigger and I am definitely showing!

Cravings: Not really any cravings yet.

Morning sickness: Not so much anymore. I used to be nauseous all day long, but the past few weeks have been really good!

Sleep: Uncomfortable already! I am a tummy sleeper so it has been a rough adjustment. I HATE sleeping on my side and I wake up about 4-5 times/night. Oh yeah...and I usually have to go pee twice a night already.

Other pregnancy symptoms: Sore back, some cramping and headaches.

Baby Movement: Not yet

Favorite maternity clothes: Sweatpants. I had to buy new sweatpants because my old ones are too tight already...didn't know you could outgrow sweatpants :)

Weird dreams: I dreamed the other night that it was triplets instead of twins. Yikes!

Good advice received: Splurge on a comfortable chair for the nursery because you will spend a lot of time in it.

How is pregnancy different than expected? I thought I wouldn't have morning sickness or that I could easily "deal with it".....WRONG! It has been worse than I expected.

Highlight this week: I bought a Doppler (a little handheld device with headphones) from someone for $10 last week…I didn’t know if it would actually work BUT we found BOTH the babies heartbeats this week! It is amazing to hear two different heartbeats and now we can tell exactly where they are in my belly. Pretty amazing!

Other news: We bought our nursery furniture over Labor Day weekend because JCPenneys was having a great sale and I also had a 15% off coupon! The furniture took less than a week to arrive (WOW...that was fast!) so we had to quickly clear out the "nursery" and make room for two cribs, a tall dresser, a long dresser/changing table and a chair. Thanks to my parents for helping us clear out the room and move everything to the basement! Andrew assembled all the furniture and it looks great! I will take some pictures once we get crib mattresses and crib sheets. I am not buying baby bedding because it is sooo expensive (especially x2 babies) and they can't really use half the stuff that comes in those crib sets (the quilt and bumper) so I have opted to make my own bedding. I have one quilt done....one more to go! Good thing I started early....hopefully I will get it all done before the babies arrive! Wish me luck!

No comments: